Orthodontic Appointments during the COVID-19 Pandemic Safety first is always our #1 goal!
As you may have heard, the Department of Health in PA has issued revised guidance, allowing dental offices to resume required procedures with new protocols in place. We are therefore, happy to announce that as of May 18, 2020, we are scheduling certain necessary appointments once again. With our long-awaited re-opening comes new office policies and appointment procedures. Rest assure, while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same:
Our commitment for your safety.
What will your appointment look like? Our office has instituted the vast amount of infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure your safety, our safety, and the safety of the community. Below we have listed the many new procedures and policies in place.
- Increasing how often we clean and sanitize all common areas, including but not limited to door handles, countertops, and sinks, to every hour
- All team members adhere to a daily wellness screening and temperature check upon arrival to the office.
- All team members are wearing facemasks and washing their hands every hour at minimum
- PPE for our clinical team includes: disposable gowns, surgical facemasks, N-95 during all aerosol procedures, face shields and gloves
- BioNet Air purification units and new central air filtration were installed
- As always, patient chairs are cleaned and sanitized between every patient.
- Patients will be placed at every other chair, or in one of our semi private rooms in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment during the ongoing pandemic.
You will also see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Patients are asked to BRUSH TEETH PRIOR to their appointment – our brushing station will be closed
- We have now implemented CURBSIDE CHECK IN. Upon arrival, STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE and dial our office phone number.
- Entry is limited to the PATIENT ONLY for routine appointments– our waiting room is closed-– please let us know ahead of time if you feel it is absolutely necessary to accompany your child into the office.
- A team member will perform a verbal WELLNESS SCREENING directed to our patient and anyone accompanying them into the building.
- A team member, will then come out to your car to escort you/your child into the building where your temperature will be taken.
- A FACE MASK must be worn by every individual entering the building and gloves if possible.
- You will be asked to SANITIZE YOUR HANDS and then led to the sink to RINSE WITH PEROXYL prior to being seated in the operatory.
- The clinical staff, clothed in the proper PPE will perform the scheduled and recommended procedures
Upon completion, if requested, your child can use their own phone to facetime or call you chair side to allow our clinical team to update you on your child’s treatment. Otherwise a team member will discuss today’s appointment curbside.
We hope that all the necessary precautions and new safety measures in place will provide reassurance and address any concerns you may have about continuing or seeking your orthodontic treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, our team, and our community safe in our practice.
Thank you for partnering with us. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends